📄️ Aim Cancel
Methods to cancel various animations involving Aimed Shot mode
How to ARCC
Added: 2021-10-02 (v. 2.1)
Last tested: 2021-10-02 (v. 2.1)
Aimed R-Cancel Charged Shot (ARCC) is an animation cancel technique that removes all ending animation frames after firing a charged shot with bow characters. It is performed by firing a shot on the same frame that you exit aim toggle mode.
To do ARCC: First, enter aim mode via aim toggle (R on PC, aim button on mobile, L2/LT/ZL on controller).
- PC and Mobile: Tap the Aim key (R) on the same frame you release Attack (M1).
- Controller: Release both the Aim button and the Attack button on the same frame.
ARCC is easier to do at 30 FPS, as the frame lengths are longer.
ARCC shots have some quirks that are different from normal charged shots:
- When out of normal attack range from any targets, ARCC shots have a fixed height, regardless of how high or low the player aims.
- When within normal attack range of a target, ARCC shots will fire toward the target. (see arcc-autotarget )
- Non-C6 Ganyu, Yoimiya, and Aloy are unable to fire a fully-charged ARCC shot. They will always get a Physical charged shot, regardless of charge level before release.
- C6 Ganyu can fire a fully-charged ARCC after using her Skill.
Fluff: Some characters will stay winking after ARCC
Basic ARCC demonstration: Imgur
Yoimiya (failed) ARCC: YouTube
ARCC is the fastest known method for shooting a charged shot. When done rapidly, it can be a significant DPS increase. However, ARCC is very difficult to perform, being off by even just a single frame will result in either no shot fired, or being stuck in aim mode for a long amount of time.
ARCC auto target
Added: 2021-09-06 (v. 2.1)
Last tested: 2021-09-06 (v. 2.1)
ARCC shots will autotarget objects when within range. This range is the same as the character's normal attack tracking range.
Targeting on a Pyro flower: Imgur
Targeting vs an enemy: Imgur
Gully charged ARCC follows same rules: Imgur
Breaking Cryo regisvine core backwards: Imgur
Unable to headshot Lawachurl, you can see the shot go to his left leg: Imgur
When within autoattacking range of an enemy, where you aim does not matter for ARCC. This is both good and bad. Good is that you don't have to aim in certain scenarios. Bad is that you are unable to headshot certain enemies with ARCC due to autotargeting.
Hold M1 Double Shot
Added: 2021-10-17 (v. 2.2)
Last tested: 2021-10-17 (v. 2.2)
Some characters are able to fire a second CA after doing hold M1 CA shot. This second shot has the same properties as ARCC shots.
Confirmed to work on Venti, Diona, Tartaglia, and Yoimiya. No theorycrafters were able to get it to work on other bow characters, yet.
The sequence to perform this tech is:
- Hold M1 ->
- release M1 (fires first CA) ->
- hold M1 again before the camera zooms out ->
- release M1 at the same exact time the camera begins to zoom out (fires second CA)
Consistently possible at 30fps, very difficult at 60fps.
Diona at 60 FPS: Imgur
Venti (credit to GottaGoFast#7876): Imgur
Tartaglia (credit to Sayline#5959): YouTube
Proof that second shot is ARCC:
Has same targeting as ARCC: Imgur
Second shot has CA damage: YouTube
Straight DPS increase for bow attack strings that use hold M1 CAs (assuming it is one of the characters that can do this), as the extra shot theoretically does not add any more frames to the attack string.
Aimed Dash/Jump Cancel Charged Shot
Added: 2022-07-09 (v. 2.7)
Last tested: 2022-07-09 (v. 2.7)
Shooting a Charged Shot and dashing/jumping in quick succession results in an autoaimed arrow -- a variation of ARCC. The arrow fired has the same properties as ARCC.
I have 20 resin.