One of the many bards of Mondstadt, who freely wanders the city's streets and alleys.
- Frame data - Google Sheets - Kurt#5846 & Kolibri#7675
- Aim mode frame data - Google Sheets - BowTae#0141
- Burst frame data Google Sheets - Kolibri#7675
Aimed Shot Damage Dropoff
Added: 2022-10-23 (v. 3.1)
Last tested: 2022-10-23 (v. 3.1)
Aimed Shot damage and GU dropoff is based on the amount of time that the arrow travels in the air.
For the first 0.7s, there is no damage dropoff.
After 0.7s, every 0.05s:
- The damage will reduce by 10%, for a maximum of a 90% reduction.
- The Gauge Units will reduce by 10%, for a maximum of a 90% reduction.
- Imgur: arrow travels for 55 frames (13 frames of dropoff), DMG and GU reduction should be 40%; DMG was reduced from 2006 to 1204, Cryo aura lasted for 8.5s which lines up with the formula (
- Imgur: arrow travels for 50 frames (8 frames of dropoff), DMG and GU reduction is expected to be 20%; DMG reduced from 2319 to 1855, aura lasted for exactly 9 seconds (
- Imgur: 63 frames travel time (21 frames of dropoff), DMG reduction is as expected 70% (2350 -> 705).
- Imgur: arrow travels for 96 frames (54 frames of dropoff), DMG was reduced from 2350 to 235, aura lasted for 7s 19 frames which is roughly in line with 0.1GU's duration (
2.5+0.1+7=7.25s), proof that DMG dropoff caps at 90%.
Better understanding of Aimed Shot dropoff.
Tap E ICD: None - Video - Bobrokrot#0111
Venti autoattack after Elemental Skill faster switching
Added: 2021-05-23 (v. 1.5)
Last tested: 2021-05-23 (v. 1.5)
Finding: Doing a Normal Attack as soon as possible after using Venti's e allows the user to swap to a different character faster.
Significance: Allows you to save a second of animation time when switching character after using Venti's Elemental Skill.
Venti 10 Frame Elemental Skill
Added: 2021-10-18 (v. 2.2)
Last tested: 2021-10-18 (v. 2.2)
Finding: Venti Elemental Skill can consistently be cancelled at 10 frames.
The inputs are: Hold E for 9 frames. Release E. Press Q.
Significance: Saves around 10 frames on E-Q combo (20 frames E -> 10 frames E).
Venti CA Skill Cancel
Added: 2022-04-16 (v. 2.6)
Last tested: 2022-04-16 (v. 2.6)
Using Venti Tap Elemental Skill immediately after shooting a non-ARCC Charged Attack will reduce essentially all of his Skill's animation frames.
Original discovery by Turtlemaster3000 V.2
- You do not need to mash Skill to do this, you just need to tap Skill once immediately after Venti exits Aim mode.
This can be done with both hold M1 shots and Aim toggle shots.
- I couldn't get it to work with ARCC, probably because ARCC removes the shooting animation which is likely what allows this to happen.
- With Aim toggle, it is possible to do this so that Venti does not need to stop walking: YouTube
- With hold M1, Venti will stop walking to cast his Skill, but this can be canceled immediately with an action, such as dash, Skill, Burst, Attack, or Aim: YouTube
- This is therefore just as good as the Aim toggle version, while also needing less time to shoot the CA.
- The hold M1 version seems to rarely if ever work at 30fps, while it is consistent at 60fps.
- Proof that this shortened E does damage: YouTube
Crescent Venti stonks. Allows Phys Venti to cast Skill without interrupting the CAs: YouTube
Can also let Venti do 4-Piece Shimenawa tax evasion at low ping.
In more serious terms, this has little practical use for the majority of Venti usage since it requires a CA.
Venti Q Absorbed Element ICD
Added: 2021-04-05 (v. 1.4)
Last tested: 2021-04-05 (v. 1.4)
Finding: Venti's Burst Elemental infusion application follows the standard ICD rules of Elemental application every 3rd hit.
Significance: Once the GUs of Venti ult's absorbed Element has been determined, this can aid us in calculating his single-target Elemental application rate
Venti Q Late Absorption Bug
Added: 2021-04-23 (v. 1.4)
Last tested: 2021-04-23 (v. 1.4)
Venti Burst's Elemental absorption creates an independent and invisible AoE field that always ticks for for the full number of ticks regardless of when absorption happens.
Clips 1 and 2 show that even when absorption happens late, the Elemental infusion damage continues to tick even after Venti's Q ended. I counted 14 ticks in first clip and 15 ticks in second clip, which should be around the max total ticks of early infusion, but I'm not sure why the second clip showed 1 more tick.
Clip 3 (0:30) shows that when an enemy moves away from the area where the infusion happened, they stop taking the infusion damage. Clip 4 (0:45) shows that if an enemy moves into the area where the infusion happened, they'll take tick damage for the remaining duration of the infusion. This shows that the Elemental infusion creates an invisible AoE field that does a set number of ticks before disappearing.
When Elemental absorption happens late into a Venti Q, the damage from Elemental infusion ticks aren't lost as long as enemies stay inside the AoE. However you would still lose out on Swirl damage if there's no Element to be swirled.
Venti Burst Infusion Elemental Gauge Units
Added: 2021-05-02 (v. 1.5)
Last tested: 2021-05-02 (v. 1.5)
Finding: Venti's infusion Elemental damage on his Burst applies 1U of the Element it absorbs.
The last tick of the Hydro damage caused by Venti's Burst Elemental infusion is at about 18 seconds. The Hydro aura fully disappears at about 27 seconds, which means that the damage caused is 1U.
Significance: Can help calculate the Elemental application rate of Venti's Burst, along with determining how reactions should work against enemies caught in an infused Venti Burst.
Venti Burst Anemo Gauge Units
Added: 2021-09-17 (v. 2.1)
Last tested: 2021-09-17 (v. 2.1)
Venti ult Anemo gauge is 1U.
Imgur: From this screenshot, we see that the shield has taken about 10 or 11 pixels of damage, out of a total 111 pixel shield.
Lector shields have need 72 Anemo units worth of guage to break.
So we conclude that around 7 Anemo units were applied from the 7 swirls/applications from Venti's ult.
Thus each application is 1U.
Venti ult Anemo gauge is 1U.
Venti Elemental Absorption Proc Count Correction
Added: 2022-01-21 (v. 2.4)
Last tested: 2022-01-21 (v. 2.4)
Finding: The Additional Elemental DMG from Venti's Burst Procs 13-15 Times.
15 ticks | 60 FPS
14 ticks | 60 FPS
14 ticks | 120 FPS
14 ticks | 30 FPS
- CC#5588 - YouTube
13 ticks | 30 FPS mode
Significance: Better Accuracy for Calcs Involving Venti.
C1: Splitting Gales
Venti C1 damage
Added: 2021-08-07 (v. 2.0)
Last tested: 2021-08-07 (v. 2.0)
Venti’s C1 damage instance is considered CA damage.
Testing done by Peekays#2722
Damage increases with 4WT bonus - Video
Damage calculations for Venti.
C6: Storm of Defiance
C6 Venti Resistance Down Duration
By: Hishammm ♡#0001
Added: 2021-05-01 (v. 1.5)
Last tested: 2021-05-01 (v. 1.5)
The resistance reduction from Venti C6 lasts 10 seconds from the last tick of damage taken. Anemo RES reduction duration can only be refreshed by Anemo DMG ticks, while the infused Element's RES reduction duration is refreshed by that Element's DoT ticks.
Venti's late infusion bug still exists in 1.5.
Anemo Res Reduction: YouTube
Res reduction lasts 10s from last Anemo DMG tick.
- Sucrose without RES reduction deals: 91, 83, 104, 130
- Sucrose with RES reduction deals: 106, 97, 122, 152
- Last tick of Anemo DMG at 0:18
- Sucrose stopped dealing increased damage at 0:28.
Elemental Res Reduction (ft. Venti late infusion bug): YouTube
Res reduction lasts 10s from last Hydro DoT tick.
- Barbara without RES reduction deals: 76, 71, 83, 111
- Barbara with RES reduction deals: 89, 83, 97, 130
- Last tick of Anemo DMG at 0:12
- Last tick of Hydro DoT at 0:14
- Barbara stopped dealing increased damage at 0:24.
Anemo Res Reduction (ft. Venti late infusion bug): YouTube
Anemo RES reduction lasts 10s from last Anemo DMG tick, not influenced by infusion ticks.
- Sucrose without RES reduction deals: 25, 23, 29, 36
- Sucrose with RES reduction deals: 42, 38, 48, 60
- Last tick of Anemo DMG at 0:10
- Last tick of Hydro DoT at 0:14
- Sucrose stopped dealing increased damage at 0:20
Venti's late infusion bug still exists in 1.5: YouTube
Significance: Here is how long C6 venti debuff lasts since miHoYo didn't bother to list it.
Venti Burst On Top of Zhongli Pillar
Added: 2021-06-03 (v. 1.5)
Last tested: 2021-06-03 (v. 1.5)
Finding: Venti's Vortex can be fired on top of Zhongli's Pillar
- Stand 3 square tiles from your desired Venti firing location.
- Place Zhongli's pillar, it should be 4 tiles away from the Venti firing location.
- Walk to desired Venti firing location and fire Vortex, it should land ontop of it.
Significance: This allows for Venti to pull in targets whilst keeping them just low enough for melee units to hit such as Childe, despite being within the 20 levels to pull them in. However due to unknown reasons, the enemies will float (perhaps due to poise, further investigation is needed) after some time.