A mysterious expert contracted by the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. Extremely knowledgeable in all things.
- Frame data - Google Sheets - Kurt#5846 & Kolibri#7675
- Burst frame data - Google Sheets - Kolibri#7675
- Pillar Pulse Range - Imgur - Coronaus#0001
- 1.5 Abyss Tiles.
- The radius range for construct resonance is 3 tiles (meaning the distance of a construct from a pillar that will resonate).
- Pillar placement is 1 Abyss Tile in front of Zhongli - Imgur - Latiwings#3308
- Pillar pulses suffer from FPS dependence, it triggers 15 times at 60 FPS and 14 times at 59 FPS or lower. - Google Sheets - Tibo#4309
Construct Resonance Mechanics
Added: 2021-09-24 (v. 2.1)
Last tested: 2021-09-24 (v. 2.1)
Construct resonance hits as many times as there are constructs
Video: With 1 Stele and 2 Geo Constructs, there are 3 instances of geo damage on the ruin guard per pulse
The greater the number of Geo Constructs on the field the more damage resonance will deal (of course counting on the fact that each resonance hits the target)
The resonance produced by each Stele is independent of each other.
This was tested using two steles and one Geo Construct. As can be seen clearly from the targetless example, the Geo Construct pulses twice in 2s - once for each Stele. This is further shown in the example with a target. There are two Steles present, A and B as well as one Geo Construct C. As shown, the pulses AC and BC hit separately in a 2s window, each doing two instances of damage for a total of 4 instances of damage in 2s.
This shows that with C1 Zhongli or during Co-Op, the presence of more than one Zhongli pillar allows more resonance damage within a given window. With b being the resonance damage with one Stele in one 2s window and n being the number of steeles, the total resonance damage would be nb. In other words having two pillars from C1 will double the damage from resonance.
Zhongli RES Shred Lingers
Added: 2022-01-14 (v. 2.4)
Last tested: 2022-01-14 (v. 2.4)
Zhongli's shield RES Shred lingers for a bit after it breaks/ends.
YouTube (credits: Kolibri#7675)
Zhongli's shred can last for more hits of Xingqiu's Rain Swords/Beidou procs/Fischl, etc. if it breaks/ends early
Zhongli RES Shred Range
Added: 2022-03-09 (v. 2.5)
Last tested: 2022-03-09 (v. 2.5)
The range of Zhongli's Resistance Shred is approximately 3 Abyss tiles.
Can help players prevent DPS loss when playing ranged units.
Zhongli Pillar Snapshot
By: Xreejan#1180 and Latiwings#3308
Added: 2022-03-22 (v. 2.5)
Last tested: 2022-03-22 (v. 2.5)
Zhongli Stele Snapshot Mechanics.
- At C0, holding E after getting the buff does not update the snapshot state of an existing pillar on the field. (eg. Pillar exists > Gets buffed > Hold E > Doesn't update the state of pillar with buffed stats).
- At C1, steles are snapshotted upon cast, thus snapshots individually. It is possible to have two steles that are buffed and unbuffed at the same time.
Further understanding of Stone Steles.
Zhongli E and Tenacity Snapshot Shenanigans
By: Latiwings#3308, Potade#9775, and Xreejan#1180
Added: 2022-03-29 (v. 2.5)
Last tested: 2022-03-29 (v. 2.5)
4TotM (+20% ATK) does not affect the Tap E or Hold E that procs it, because Zhongli E Snapshots. Neither the Stone Stele nor the Resonance DMG is buffed by 4TotM.
Tenacity's effect states that:
When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the ATK of all nearby party members is increased by 20% and their Shield Strength is increased by 30% for 3s. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s. This effect can still be triggered even when the character who is using this artifact set is not on the field.
Zhongli Stats (without 4TotM):
- ATK: 431
- HP: 35407
- Geo DMG: 28.8%
- Level 80 ZL, Level 85 enemy 10% RES
- Hold E damage: (431*136%+1.9%*35407)*(1+28.8%)*0.9*0.49 = 719.7
- Tap E damage: (431*27.20%+1.9%*35407)*(1+28.8%)*0.9*0.49 = 451.6
- Resonance damage: (431*54.40%+1.9%*35407)*(1+28.8%)*0.9*0.49 = 518.6
- Resonance w/RES Shred damage: (431*54.40%+1.9%*35407)*(1+28.8%)*1.05*0.49 = 605.0
4TotM didn't apply to either of these:
Understand how Zhongli E and Tenacity interact, which affects the calculation for rotations, specifically microwave comps.
Geo Construct Test
Added: 2022-03-29 (v. 2.5)
Last tested: 2022-03-29 (v. 2.5)
Zhongli's Stone Stele can resonate with the Rock Pillars created by a Geo Samachurl, but it does not resonate with the Rock Spikes they use to attack.
Rock Pillars refer to the pillars Geo Samachurls use to gain higher ground and create shockwaves. Rock Spikes refer to the Geo attack channeled by a Geo Samachurl that looks like a construct.
- Zhongli's Stone Stele can resonate with enemy Geo Constructs. This mechanic can be used to test whether an object is a Geo Construct regardless of whether it's an allied or enemy construct.
- Rock Spikes are not Geo Constructs. This ability cannot be abused to extend the resonance from Zhongli's Stone Stele.
Zhongli Construct Height Placement Shenanigans
Added: 2022-04-08 (v. 2.6)
Last tested: 2022-04-08 (v. 2.6)
Zhongli's Geo Construct placement seems to have a specific height difference past which it will not place the pillar at the lower level and instead just destroy it.
Knowing more about Geo Construct spawn conditions at different heights.
Zhongli's Pillars Attract Enemies' Hyperbloom
By: VanIna#2859 and f̸̒͂ỏ̶̂o̵͌̚s̶͊̏h̷̤̀ḯ̴̊#9920
Added: 2022-11-29 (v. 3.2)
Last tested: 2022-11-11 (v. 3.2)
Zhongli's pillars can attract enemies' Hyperbloom, other Geo Constructs do not work.
Geo Archon will always protect us, in many ways.
Stone Stele Mechanics
By: @f99shi, @mr.pillow., GottaGoFast#7876, @casdela, @dejaroo
Added: 2023-06-30 (v. 3.7)
Last tested: 2023-06-30 (v. 3.7)
- Zhongli's particle generation is subject to an Internal Cooldown (ICD) of 1.5s. (For reference, the Resonance frequency is 2s.)
- Depending on the state of the ICD, the following will happen after each Elemental Skill hit:
- A) If on ICD, no particle will be generated.
- B) If not on ICD, one or no Geo Particles will be generated with equal probability (50%:50%), after which the ICD will go into effect.
- All types of Elemental Skill hits can generate Elemental Particles (Tap E initial, Hold E initial, Stone Stele Resonance, and Nearby Construct Resonance). However, all of them share the particle ICD. When there are two Steles (C1+), they also share this ICD.
- In co-op, the particle ICD is not shared by different players who use Zhongli.
- Particle generation requires server confirmation of Elemental Skill hits. With high ping, there is a noticeable delay between hits and particle generation, but it seems that this doesn't change the overall particle generation rate.
- The particle ICD is a modifier that is applied to all the current Stone Steles that Zhongli owns — not to Zhongli himself.
- Zhongli's Elemental Skill hits that occur during disconnection from the server do not deal damage after reconnection and neither do they generate particles.
- Stone Steles are able to experience hitlag after being hit by attacks that have hitlag.
- Particles are generated underground and at the base of the Stone Stele that owns the particle.
- Resonance and Nearby Construct Resonance attacks are released at the same time. Also, the damage from these attacks is dealt over all of its AoE at once, even though the attacks appear to be traveling waves.
- The particle generation rate is the exact same (i.e., 0.5 particles per 2s) regardless of how many Stone Steles, opponents, or nearby Constructs there are. Still, these factors can indirectly increase the particle generation rate. For example, having nearby Constructs means that the AoE of the attacks is larger. This makes the attacks less likely to miss their hits, which can result in an effectively higher particle generation rate compared to the one for a standalone Stele.
- There's an exception to the above rule that can generate extra particles: by scoring an Elemental Skill hit during the small time window where the particle ICD is not in effect (i.e., between 1.5s and 2.0s after another hit), the frequency of hits that can generate particles is increased. For example, spamming tap E with Zhongli with the right timings can result in slightly more particles per second, though this is highly impractical.
- When there are two Stone Steles (C1+), there's the phenomenon of owning particles and ownership switches. In general, the Stele to hit the first will own all future particles, i.e., the particles will originate from that Stele. The ownership can switch from the first to the second Stele if the first one misses a hit or if the second one is placed during the ICD downtime (i.e., between 1.5s and 2.0s after a hit from the first Stele).
- If a Stone Stele experiences hitlag, so will all the modifiers applied to it, which includes Resonance frequency and particle ICD.
Zhongli Q Doesn't Shatter
Added: 2022-11-19 (v. 3.2)
Last tested: 2022-11-18 (v. 3.2)
Zhongli's Burst, Planet Befall, does not shatter Frozen enemies. It also prevents enemies from being frozen while petrified, as well as preventing them from being shattered.
You don't get extra physical damage when using Burst in freeze teams.
A1: Resonant Waves
- Fortify gets procced by Aura Checks. - YouTube - Beast Boy#2560
Zhongli's Ascension 1 broken down
Added: 2021-04-28 (v. 1.5)
Last tested: 2021-04-28 (v. 1.5)
Credits to JonahFarc#7056 for helping me figure out how this works.
Zhonglis' A1, Resonant Waves, buffs up Jade Shield by 5% after damage calculation occurs.
If we take a Zhongli with Talent 8 Dominus Lapidis, and 16201 MAX HP, we get a Jade Shield that has 8443.45 Absorption.
Scenario 1: Calculations
- A level 85 Ruin Guard with my Zhongli's DEF deals 1409 Damage per Rocket hit.
- If the +5% buff applies after the damage calculation, then the Jade Shield should fully absorb 6 rockets, and only sustain 302 damage.
- If the +5% buff applies during damage calculation, then Jade Shield should fully absorb 7 rockets, with ~885 remaining Shield HP.
As we can see in this video, Zhongli was able to fully absorb 6 rockets, losing his shield at the 7th rocket and sustaining direct damage.
Further Evidence: Let's take another example, Zhongli this time has 9570 Base Shield Absorption. A single swing from a level 85 Ruin Guard will hit for 3388 Damage.
- If the +5% Shield Bonus is applied after damage calculation, then Jade Shield should full absorb two swings, breaking at the third and sustaining 137 damage: Calculations
- If the +5% Shield Bonus is applied during damage calculation, then Jade Shield should fully absorb 3 hits with 364 Shield Strength remaining: Calculations
We can see that Zhongli's Jade Shield was able to fully absorb 2 swings, with the third swing breaking his shield and dealing 143 damage to him.
In case you can't tell how many swings actually hit Zhongli, if the shield fully absorbed 3 hits, then in the case where the +5% Fortification is applied during damage step, Zhongli should sustain ~3k direct damage from the instance the shield breaks, no matter what hit it was. Clearly, he took 143 direct damage from the hit that broke Jade Screen.
On a side note, recasting Jade Screen before it breaks will reset the Fortification bonus back to 0.
This allows for more accurate Zhongli shield calculations, as well as any future characters with a similar mechanic.
Zhongli A1 Has No/Negligible ICD
Added: 2021-04-26 (v. 1.4)
Last tested: 2021-04-26 (v. 1.4)
Finding: Zhongli's A1 Passive has either no ICD or an extremely negligible one
Video: Walked into Dendro samachurl burn and immediately checked character window to see shield strength maxed
Zhongli's shield is ridiculously effective against DoT as it stacks immediately to maximum.
Zhongli A1 Persists on Swap
Added: 2021-10-16 (v. 2.2)
Last tested: 2021-10-16 (v. 2.2)
Zhongli's shield tech
Shield Strength gained from A4 persists upon swap
However, it does not persist upon refresh.
2b. Above also applies if it's refreshes from C2.
Shield Strength gained from A4 persists upon swap Imgur
Shield Strength doesn't persist upon refresh Imgur
Shield Strength doesn't persist upon C2 refresh Imgur
C1: Rock, the Backbone of Earth
- C1 pillars pulse independently from the first pillars. - YouTube - Potade#9775
C2: Stone, the Cradle of Jade
Zhongli C2 Mechanics
Added: 2021-04-21 (v. 1.4)
Last tested: 2021-04-21 (v. 1.4)
Zhongli C2 affects his own Burst when casting as do the 15% DMG bonus from Geo Resonance but not the Geo resistance down unless it is applied first.
- Burst with shield already applied: 48k
- Burst with no shield: 48k
- Burst with Geo resonance and no shield: 52k
- Burst with Geo resonance and shield: 52k
- Burst with Geo resonance shield and RES down: 57k
- The shield is formed at the end of the Burst animation.
For the highest damage apply the Geo RES down before pressing Burst.
C6: Chrysos, Bounty of Dominator
- Healing is not procced by environmental damage. - YouTube - Coronaus#0001
- Healing is not procced by corrosion. - YouTube - Coronaus#0001
- Healing proc has no ICD. - YouTube - Coronaus#0001
- Healing does count for Clam set. - Vault Entry - Juslin#7989
Fischl C6 does not always Proc on Zhongli's first Normal Attack
Added: 2021-01-07 (v. 1.2)
Last tested: 2021-01-07 (v. 1.2)
Fischl C6 does not always proc on Zhongli's first normal attack. When chaining multiple Zhongli attack sequences together, after the first sequence, the C6 does not proc on the first normal of the subsequent sequences.
https://youtu.be/_hEXbDqPtfo, as we can see Zhongli's first normal attack in the second and third attack sequence does not proc a Fischl C6 proc
Allows for more accurate DPS calculations when using Zhongli and C6 Fischl together.
4 TOM Passive on Zhongli Procs With Other Geo Constructs
Added: 2021-05-06 (v. 1.5)
Last tested: 2021-05-06 (v. 1.5)
4pc TotM passive can be triggered by other Geo Constructs when it is in range of Zhongli's pillar
This make triggering the 4-Piece TotM passive easier with Zhongli when playing with other Geo characters