Client and Server
Many things are ping-dependent in this game, from testing we can deduce that certain things are updated client-side while others are updated server-side. The complete list of high ping interactions is documented below. See the Vault Entries for more details.
- Elemental Reactions and Auras
- All character stats except for HP (including buffs)
- Resistance Shred
- Construct HP
- Damage and hits
- Character and enemy HP
- All enemy stats
- Elemental Particles and character Energy
- Weapon stacks
High Ping Interactions
- Elemental Reactions still work, including the Resistance Shred from Superconduct.
- Both player and enemy are granted immortality whilst under high ping but the HP bar will be updated once switched back to normal latency.
- This can lead to Bennett's Burst ignoring the HP threshold or Albedo's A1 not benefitting from enemies being below 50% HP.
- Energy is not produced under high ping but will be generated when ping returns to normal.
- AA Energy source is not refunded when back to low latency.
- Energy is not consumed when under high ping.
- When enemy is aggro-ed by player before high latency, it will remain aggressive.
- When enemy is aggro-ed during high latency, it will remain passive for the duration of high latency state.
- Taunts will turn aggressive enemies to passive enemies under high latency.
- Character stat buffs still update normally, unless they are related to other stats that are updated server side, such has Hutao's passive from being below 50% HP.
- Resistance shred works.
- Fall damage is dealt.
- ICD behaves normally aside from a few exceptions, so far only the Rainswords from Xingqiu E have a different application rate than usual.
- Healing is inaccessible during high latency. When returned to low latency, the healing will be applied, and healing like Bennett's Q will ignore the HP thresholds.
- Character shields work normally under high latency.
- Stamina is not consumed under high ping, nor will it regenerate.
- For conditional weapon passives (Lion's Roar, Dragon's Bane), if condition is true, the passive will be added into the damage calculation.
- On-hit passives (Flute), sacrificial/favonius weapons cannot trigger under high latency, but Aquila Favonia seems to still work.
- Taunts behave normally under high latency.
- Geo Constructs HP work normally.
📄️ Client and Server
High Ping Interactions